Environmental Management Policy
Herc Rentals Inc. is committed to minimizing the impact of operations on the environment by implementing programs that incorporate sound environmental policy and sustainability practices. We will operate in accordance with all relevant local, state, and federal regulations and will strive to use pollution prevention and best management practices throughout our branches. Our corporate operations will provide the guidance and resources to our operations as regulation changes or conditions are found that need to be addressed. The support and guidance to the Policy can be found in the Environmental Procedures.
Herc Rentals is committed to:
- Handle, store, and dispose of substances that are defined as hazardous material in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle our waste products when applicable.
- Company goal to reduce intensity of non-hazardous landfilled waste by 25% from 2019 baseline by 2030.
- Continue to monitor hazardous waste activity to ensure recycling and incineration are utilized over landfill disposals.
- Minimize water consumption and ensure safe treatment within our branches by incorporating innovative design of wastewater treatment systems.
- Minimize energy consumption by employing energy reducing initiatives.
- Company goal to reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 25% from our 2019 baseline by 2030.
- Update lighting and HVAC with lower energy consuming sources when applicable or expired.
- Negotiate utility sources for most renewable source available when applicable, which includes solar power generation at Herc facilities when feasible.
- Conduct regular training for employees working with petroleum storage tanks.
- Develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs.
- Reduce environmental impact by utilizing low impact products where possible.
- Monitor the environmental impact of our business practices and review our progress on a continual basis.
- Promote environmental stewardship and best management practices to our customers, vendors, and employees.
- Continuously improve our Environmental Management System.